Kung hei fat choi as we former Hong Kong residents say. I was there for a year working on the now defunct Hong Kong Star newspaper back when the Brits were still in charge.
As you are doubtless aware, it means Happy New Year in Cantonese.
Yes, the Chinese are celebrating their new year today. Chinese New Year 2021 is set to be a different celebration compared with previous years, with national restrictions in place preventing the usual festivities taking place. Though I bet you can’t get through the day without hearing some firecrackers going off. This is the year of the Ox, an animal that symbolises strength and determination, which is very appropriate during these current circumstances.
And what better way to celebrate than ordering a take-away, especially if there is a discount involved? One of the UK’s leading takeaway delivery apps, Foodhub, is offering 10% off on all Chinese orders placed via the app or website on Chinese New Year for today (February 12) only.
Customers can choose from a huge range of Chinese takeaways/restaurant suppliers, so people can sit back, relax and enjoy the new year. A discount of 10% will be provided to all Chinese cuisine orders on Foodhub, simply input code OX10 and enjoy a tasty treat at your feet!
Terms & Conditions
· 10% off on all Chinese orders placed via the Foodhub app/website
· Valid on Friday February 12 only
· No minimum order (restaurants may have their own minimum order value) The one closer to where my son lives in Larkfield asks for a minimum order of £18, for example.
· Offer is valid for Chinese designated takeaways/restaurants only
· Offer available on both the app and website
· One use per customer
· Code is limited to 5,000 uses (so don’t delay)
- Full terms – https://foodhub.co.uk/termsandcond