Hot & Happening
Reasons to love living in Kent
Do you ever wake up in the morning, take a big stretch and just feel good about living in Kent? If not, then you should – even Lonely Planet just awarded Kent the number one destination in all of Europe for families to visit. Where you live, is where others want to visit (well, unless you live in parts of Chatham!).
Here is why Inspire Kent thinks if you live in Kent that you are on to a good thing:
1. Kent is affectionately known as the Garden of England because 65% of its area is green space. We are blessed with many national parks in this county for a lazy weekend stroll, picnic or chance just to take in the scenery.
2. Easy Access to Europe. Kent is essentially the gateway to the rest of Europe via the Euro tunnel or ferry crossing.If you want a weekend in France then its only a couple of hours away. Friday you are in your office and by Friday evening you could be enjoying a french beer in one of their many cafes.
3. Links to London. The opportunity to find good employment is high in Kent with fantastic commuter runs into London.
4. Places to visit. With such a great coastal strip throughout the county, you can enjoy a day at the beach at some stunning locations such as Whiststable and Herne Bay, whilst in areas like Margate you have the newly reopened Dreamland amusement park. Being near a coast means good seafood from oysters to, of course, Dover sole.
5. Climate. All things considered, Kent does not get the coldness you find further North in the country and to experience four beautiful seasons in Kent is actually a wonderful thing. You get a chance to wrap up in your warm clothes during the winter and can strip down to your shorts in the summer.
So, if you ever you question whether you like living in Kent consider your alternatives in the UK and you should be quietly content with where you ended up. The opportunity to live abroad though, one should never discount – but that’s another story altogether.